Castlethorpe Craft Club
Castlethorpe is a small village situated just a few miles
north of Milton Keynes.
- The Craft Club which began in 1998, with just a few friends meeting informally for coffee and chat, celebrated its 10th anniversary in January. Originally just for cross stitching, as members interests diversified into other crafts we decided to become a Craft club. The club is open to anyone interested in crafts.
- We meet at CASTLETHORPE VILLAGE HALL on the third MONDAY in the month from 7.00pm -9.30pm.
Afternoon meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAY in the month
from 1.00pm - 3.30pm.
- Date of meetings for 2010
- Monday Evenings
June 26th Cross Stitch Day
- Thursday Afternoons
|January 14th, 28th
||July 8th, 22nd
|February 11th, 25th
||August 12th, 26th
|March 11th, 25th
||September 9th, 23rd
|April 15th, 29th
|May 13th, 27th
||November 11th, 25th
|June 10th, 24th
- We make a charge of £2.00 per session to cover the cost of the hall and refreshments. New members are very welcome.
Crafts that our members participate in cover:
- Cross Stitch
- Bobbin lace making
- Card making. e.g. Tea bag folding, Iris Folding and Stamping
.....to name just a fewof the many popular crafts there are about today. We also help each other keep up to date with new crafts and ideas.
- On the last Saturday in June we hold our annual Cross Stitch Day at the Village Hall.
- Now a popular event in the Crafter's calendar it is
attended by many crafters from the surrounding area and
beyond. Our first attempt at putting on such a day was
attended by just 6 but as word spread of a good day out
our numbers have gone from strength to strength.
- The regular craft supplier for the day is Gaynor,
(Gavand Craft Supplies Dunstable ) who carries a wide and varied selection of cross stitch,
lace making, card & paper craft items as well as other exciting craft goodies.
Gaynor always has time
to demonstrate her new items in stock to tempt us.
Just a last look at the stalls
Hard at work
Castlethorpe Cross Stitch Day will take place on Saturday June 26th, 2010.
We shall also be serving lunch. Tea and coffee is served throughout the day.
Tickets are available from Carol Wray : Price: £4.00, lunch: £3. 50p.
Alternatively email: Castlethorpe Craft Club to book your place.
Back to Top
Electronic mail address
Castlethorpe Craft Club
Copyright Jennifer A. Cooper.
Last revised: January 13th 2010.